Prior to construction of the new Memorial Hospital Patient Bed Tower, two key enabling projects must be completed: the Energy Center addition that will provide additional mechanical systems infrastructure, and the complete renovation of an existing Patient Care Floor (6th floor Acute Care).
- August 2023: 6th floor renovation is complete. Learn more: Memorial Hospital celebrates milestone in campus revitalization, Patient Tower plans
- September 2023: Perform new boiler performance testing and decommission old boilers. Learn more: Memorial Hospital Energy Center plans
New Memorial Patient Bed Tower timeline:
- Finalize electrical duct bank work to supply new Patient Tower
- Install new sanitary sewer, storm sewer, fire main and gas main
- Modify Bartlett Street Parking Garage entry to west side of garage
- Complete transfer of boiler operation to new Energy Center, decommission old boilers
- Move Intensive Care Unit to former Heart & Vascular Level 3
- Demolish old boiler room, mailroom and smokestack
- Install deep footings for foundation
- Install tower crane base to prepare for erection of structural steel
Winter 2024: Begin building steel structure.
July 2024: Start installation of exterior masonry and glass enclosures | Work begins on vertical transportation (elevators and shafts)
April 2024: Begin construction of the building interior; start on level one and proceed upward.
February 2025: Exterior enclosure is complete.
September 2025: Interior construction is complete.
October 2025 to March 2026: Mechanical and electrical systems startup and validation.
April 2026: New Patient Bed Tower is complete.
Updated: September 2023